Friday, August 21, 2009

Rant: What is this, Fort Knox?

I'd read some good reviews about a particular website (that shall remain nameless) that specializes in body butters, lip balms and other food-scented treats, so I took a look at their site. While many of the products looked tempting, I noticed that there were no ingredients listed - not even a thorough Google search did the trick. Thinking that I might just be overlooking the correct page, I scanned the website about three times over with no results. So I wrote to their customer service department and received this reply the next day:

"Thank you for taking the time to visit our site and write to us.

We are always happy to provide our customers with specific ingredient information upon request but do not provide a list for each product. Please note that we do not advertise or promote our products as being 'Natural' or 'Chemical-Free' as they all contain synthetic fragrance and/or flavor.

If there is still a specific product you are curious about, please feel free to contact me and I will provide you with that information."

So now I have to write to them and wait 1-2 days just to know what's in the items I want to buy? Um, yeah, I'll pass. I'd much rather purchase from companies who aren't afraid to disclose what they put in their products. Maybe I'm growing far too suspicious of policies like this, but it just seems like poor business practice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment