Thursday, August 20, 2009

TKB Trading Haul

Here are some "samples" (at 1 tablespoon each they are hardly samples!) I've recently purchased from http://www.tkbtrading.com, a great wholesale site for cosmetics and crafting supplies. They are $1.50 per color and contain enough eyeshadow to basically fill an entire MAC pigment jar:

Click on photo for larger view

The colors are seriously gorgeous, highly pigmented and safe for the most part. Do be careful when ordering, though, as one of the colors I purchased (an otherwise lovely peachy-pink called "Cotton Candy") contained parabens. This information is disclosed on their site, however, so it was entirely my own error for ordering it! There are also a few colors which contain bismuth (a filler than can cause allergic reactions) and carmine (a brilliant red dye made from crushed scale insects), so you can determine whether or not you'd like to take a chance on those as well. Most of their colors, however, are simply a blend of various micas, iron oxides and titanium dioxide.

I've already placed my second order with them, as I was extremely pleased with my first shipment from them - the prices are outrageously good, and as I mentioned, the color payoff is wonderful as well. Shipping is also quick and reasonably priced. TKB Trading also features a vast array of oils, waxes, dyes and other makeup/candlemaking supplies if you are interested in making your own products at home (something I will be trying in the very near future). Happy shopping, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment